Municipal Alliance Presents 15-Minute Child Break
● By Anonymous
The Midland Park Alliance and Elementary PTA, has invited drugfreenj.org to present "The 15-Minute Child Break," on Jan. 17, at 7:30pm in Highland Elementary School. This is a FREE, interactive, one hour presentation for parents, grandparents and caregivers of any age child.
Participants will receive age specific information and communication skills concerning substance abuse. Parents are empowered and supported with the assurance that, even in today's society, they are still the strongest influence in their children's lives.
The 15 Minute Child Break covers topics such as:
- Talking to Your Kids about Drugs and Alcohol
- Influence of Media and Pop Culture
- Effects of Specific Drugs
- Keeping Your Kids Drug-Free
- Strengthening Parenting Skills
- Utilizing Teachable Moments
Educators who attend the presentation will receive 1.5 hours of Professional Development Credit, Certificates will be provided at the end of the presentation. For questions or More information, contact, Jayne Burke at Jayneburke@gmail.com
The Midland Park Municipal Alliance is a volunteer organization that provides services within our community with the goal of reducing alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse. The funds for these services come from the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
Municipal Alliance programs include:
- Footprints for Life: A six-week elementary school curriculum
- A Prom bus service which has been running for many years with a high success level.
- A Peer Leadership group at the high school that runs throughout the year.
- A weekly after school club that offers a safe environment for students to do homework.
- Guest speakers and workshops for the community at least once a year.
For more information or to join the Municipal Alliance, contact Jayne Burke at email@example.com.
The PTA will meet prior to the program at 7pm.