Budget Hearing, Ordinances on Tonight's Council Agenda
● By Anonymous
The Midland Park Borough Council will hold its public hearing on the 2013 Budget tonight at its regular meeting at 8pm in the council chambers at Borough Hall. The $10,014,205 budget reflects a decrease of $31,101, however the amount to be raised by taxation increased by $191,027. The municipal portion of tax bill for the average home assessed at $392,000 will increase by $78 to $2,395.
Also on the agenda, is the final readings of the following ordinances:
- 02-13 to appropriate $316,255 for capital projects, and
- 03-13 to appropriate $97,500 for the future purchase of vehicles.
Three new ordinances will be introduced at the meeting:
- 04-13 to establish salary and wages for borough officers and employees.
- 05-13 to provide for he defense and indemnification of borough employees, in accordance with NJSA 59:10-4
- 06-13 to amend fees and charges for fence permits, and miscellaneous structures including sheds, driveways, temporary signs and Portable On Demand Storage Units (PODS).
The council also has a resolution on the agenda to oppose Senate Bill S-2364 and Assembly Bill A3553, which would require allowing registered voters to come to a set polling station any time in the 15 days leading up to an election.
The Midland Park Press will broadcast to our Ustream Channel and will have a full recap following the meeting.