Budget Hearing, Ordinances on Tonight's Council Agenda
The Midland Park Borough Council will hold its public hearing on the 2013 Budget tonight at its regular meeting at 8pm in the council chambers at Borough Hall. The $10,014,205 budget reflects a decrease of $31,101, however the amount to be raised by taxation increased by $191,027. The municipal portion of tax bill for the average home assessed at $392,000 will increase by $78 to $2,395.
Also on the agenda, is the final readings of the following ordinances:
- 02-13 to appropriate $316,255 for capital projects, and
- 03-13 to appropriate $97,500 for the future purchase of vehicles.
Three new ordinances will be introduced at the meeting:
- 04-13 to establish salary and wages for borough officers and employees.
- 05-13 to provide for he defense and indemnification of borough employees, in accordance with NJSA 59:10-4
- 06-13 to amend fees and charges for fence permits, and miscellaneous structures including sheds, driveways, temporary signs and Portable On Demand Storage Units (PODS).
The council also has a resolution on the agenda to oppose Senate Bill S-2364 and Assembly Bill A3553, which would require allowing registered voters to come to a set polling station any time in the 15 days leading up to an election.
The Midland Park Press will broadcast to our Ustream Channel and will have a full recap following the meeting.