Public Notice: Advertisement for Bids For MPHS Roof
● By Anonymous
PARTIAL ROOF REPLACEMENT AT MIDLAND PARK HIGH SCHOOL AND GODWIN SCHOOL MIDLAND PARK BOARD OF EDUCATION 0 11 13 - ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
1. Notice is hereby given that sealed bids will be received by the Midland Park Board of Education at 250 Prospect Street, Midland Park, NJ 07432, for the "Partial Roof Replacements at Midland Park High School and Godwin School". Bids will be received by the Owner until 11:00a.m., local time, on June 13th , 2013 and will be publicly opened and read aloud immediately thereafter.
2. Sealed bids will be received for the following contracts: a. Overall Single Prime (all of the work)
3. Bidding Documents may be examined, during normal office hours, at the office of Solutions Architecture, at 81 Clay Street, 2nd Fl. Suite 2, Newark, New Jersey, 07104. Bidders must purchase bidding documents for the non-refundable fee of $100.00 for Electronic Copies (PDF's) via email/ CD or $150.00 for one (1) paper set. If contract documents are to be mailed or Fedex'd an additional charge of $25.00 will be required, and the bidder must provide their FedEx Account#. Checks shall be made payable to, "Solutions Architecture, LLC". a. Bid Documents will be available from the Architect after 2:00 p.m. on May 30th 2013. Paper copies of Bid Documents are Printed on Demand only, bidders MUST call or e-mail 24 hours in advance to ensure that Paper copies Bid Documents will be available (973-484-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Only checks or cash will be accepted; certified or cashier's checks are preferred; personal checks will only be accepted at the discretion of the Architect.
4. The Architect will make themselves available for the purposes of reviewing the project scope and any possible clarifications on the intent of the contract documents. Documented discussions and questions will be, the Architect may send a written memorandum to all Bidders indicating any addenda and/or clarification items, if required.
5. Bids shall be made on the Forms of Proposal provided and must be accompanied by bid security in the amount, form and subject to the conditions provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
6. Each bidder shall submit with its bid, a Certificate of Consent of Surety as pre N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-25 from a Surety company stating that it will provide the bidder and all subcontractors, if successful, with a performance/payment bond in the full amount of the contract.
7. No bidder may withdraw his bid within 60 days after the actual date of the opening thereof, 18A:-18A-36a.
8. The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive informality in the bidding if it is in the best interest of the Owner to do so and to award contracts only to those whose proposal is deemed by the Owner to be most advantageous to the interest of the public.
9. Attention of Bidders is particularly called to the requirements of employment to be observed and minimum wage rates to be paid under the Contracts pursuant to N.J.S.A. 34:11-56.25 et seq.
10. In accordance with the provisions of N.J.S.A. 10:5-33., all Bidders are placed on notice that they are required to comply with the requirements of P.L. 1975, Chapter 127. (NJAC 17:27.).
11. If the bid exceeds $20,000.00, all bidders shall pre-qualify as required by the State of New Jersey, Department of the Treasury, Division of Building and Construction, and each bid shall be accompanied by an affidavit so certifying pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:18-27 through 18A:18-33 as amended and revised. All inquiries concerning prequalification should be directed to Division of Building and Construction, Taxation Building, 8th Floor, West State and Willow Streets, Trenton, New Jersey 08625. a. Bidders shall be prequalified in Categories C008 or C009; or C070 and C068.
12. Bidding shall be in conformance with the applicable requirements of N.J.S.A. 18A:18A-1 et seq concerning Public School Building Contracts Law.
13. All contractors and subcontractors engaged by the Board of Education to work on these projects agree to follow the terms set forth by the SDA. a. Bidders shall be prequalified by the SDA in the same categories as the NJ Department of Treasury.
14. Pursuant to the "Public Works Contractor Registration Act" (P.L. 1999, c238), bidders and their subcontractors are required to be registered with the New Jersey Department of Labor and to possess a current certificate by said Department indicating compliance with the Act. Bidders are notified of this requirement of their compliance. If, at the time of the contract, the certificate from the department has not been received by the bidder, proof of application along with the cancelled check for the application fee shall be provided to the Board of Education in lieu of such certificate. Once the certificate is received, a copy of same shall be delivered forthwith to the Board of Education.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD SECRETARY, MIDLAND BOARD OF EDUCATION