Dangers of Heroin Talk Set for April 30
● By Rebecca K. Abma
Heroin use and deaths are on the rise. This year alone, there have been more than 10 deaths from heroin overdoses in Bergen County, including youth from Ramsey, Franklin Lakes, and Allendale.
On Wednesday, April 30, at 7:30pm the Bergen County Drug Task Force and Prosecutor’s Office will speak at Midland Park High School to discuss this new surge in heroin use. Today’s heroin is:
· Easy to purchase (today’s dealer delivers)
· Easy to afford (one dose can cost as little as $5)
· Easy to use (since the drug is so pure, most users start with snorting)
· Easy to conceal (no smell, no paraphernalia needed, no erratic behavior at first)
· Easy to become addicted to (it only takes a few tries to become seriously addicted)
· And sadly, easy to die from (heroin has never been so pure and so lethal)
NO ONE IS IMMUNE. Now more than ever parents and others need to be informed of the new dangers of heroin addiction.